Saturday, November 16, 2013

The Black Hole of Electronic Utopia


Dear God,

I am amazed at how much cell phones and the internet are controlling peoples lives these days. Are these things creating better human beings on this earth?

I don't know. It doesn't seem like it to me sometimes.

When I go shopping, I see mothers ignoring their children because they are shopping with a phone stuck in their ear (sometimes both the parent and the child are on phones at the same time). I have seen auto accidents caused by cell phone ear usage. Hours can fly by as we sit with a screen in our face, looking and listening to whatever we can find that will stimulate our senses on the internet. I try very hard to keep from being sucked into the same black hole of electronic utopia, BUT sometimes the pull is too strong and I lose valuable time meandering on worthless piddle things. Instead of looking at pictures of a clean house, why don't I get up and make MY house look the same? It's easier to look at the pictures.

What is happening to "hands on" abilities? It is frightening to me to think about where this is all heading. I can't ever write what I think because it is pretty scary to me. All I know is, I am glad you are my Father and I get some wonderful directions from your word.....with or without a cell phone and/or computer.

Love,
Me:)


{Daily Scripture Reading: Proverbs 28:19-28}
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs%2028:19-28&version=NIV

Those who work their land will have abundant food,
    but those who chase fantasies will have their fill of poverty.

Proverbs 28:19


No comments:

Post a Comment