Thursday, November 7, 2013

Sometimes, I Crave the REAL Things


Dear God,

I spoke to a dear lady today who told me that her deceased husband was a film processor years ago before digital EVERYTHING took over. It seems that he processed some wonderful pictures that were actually published in the National Geographic magazine years ago. I have always loved the pictures in that magazine. The pictures he processed were of monarch butterflies in Mexico and they were totally covering the trunks of trees. Well, I HAD to pull up Monarchs/National Geographic/Mexico on the computer.

Simply Beautiful.

Thousands and thousands of butterflies sitting in and on trees. That would be something to see in real life. Pictures are great and all, but REAL LIFE is better.

Sometimes, I crave the REAL THINGS and not the image of the real things. I am glad that there are no images of You for us to look at and admire because if there were, we might just forget about the REAL and be satisfied with the image. I guess that may be one reason that You said "not to make any images".

Real vs Imagery....

Love,
Me:)


{Daily Scripture Reading: Exodus 20:1-17}
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus%2020:1-17&version=KJV

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image,
or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above,
or that is in the earth
 beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
Exodus 20:4






No comments:

Post a Comment