Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Poor Hagar? Poor Abram!


Dear God,

I know that things were different back in "bible" times (or were they?). I'm talking about when Abraham walked on the earth and such.

I was reading this morning about Abram, Sarai, and Hagar (the Egyptian maidservant of Sarai.) I know that you know the story. Sarai could not have children, she talked Abram into marrying Hagar so that he could have children with her, he did get married, they did conceive a male child. Then, Sarai, who's idea it was in the first place, got MAD at Hagar. But, Hagar DID start acting uppity to Sarai after she became pregnant. Well, Sarai didn't like it, started treating Hagar badly, and Hagar ran away. One of your angels came to Hagar and told her to go back to Sarai, she would have a son named Ishmael, and her descendants would be too numerous to count. She went back.

Two things:

1. I can't imagine being Hagar. It just didn't seem fair when she was doing what she was told to do by Sarai. Again, Hagar shouldn't have gotten snotty to Sarai after she got pregnant, but I don't think that warranted such treatment....just me and my thinking. It appears that REAL LIFE happened back then too. Real Drama Queen kinda stuff.

2. On my word...Abram was 86 years old....REALLY? Poor man.

Love,
Me:)


{Daily Scripture Reading: Genesis 16:1-16}

.....You are the God who sees me.....
Genesis 16:13b

No comments:

Post a Comment