Saturday, November 2, 2013

One Way Streets?


Dear God,

Were there one way streets in Jesus' day? Who came up with the idea of one way streets? I guess it was created out of necessity or something. Who knows? Does anyone ever think about these kinds of things other than me?

Sometimes, I find that one way streets can be an annoyance. I remember having to drive in a city that I was not familiar with and I was sitting at a red light with my blinker flashing to turn left. I noticed the people in cars facing towards me sitting at their red light were looking at me and waving their arms and saying something.....I couldn't hear them. Well, the light turned green. I turned left, horns began to honk. OOPS, I was going down a one way road the WRONG way. I immediately knew I was when I entered the street and read the sign that said WRONG WAY. I won't even BOTHER to write the similarities between what I did and how LIFE is a lot like that and You supply the signs, the people, the horns, the WORDS to warn us.

Thank you for the warnings Lord.

Love,
Me:)


{Daily Scripture Reading: Luke 3:4-6}
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=luke%203:4-6&version=NIV


Every valley shall be filled in,
    every mountain and hill made low.
The crooked roads shall become straight,
    the rough ways smooth.
Luke 3:5


No comments:

Post a Comment