Thursday, November 14, 2013

Gluttony OH Gluttony


Dear God,

FOOD! Let's talk about food. I don't even know where to begin on this subject. I watched a show yesterday where a man was trying to eat five pounds of hot dogs, chili, and French fries in under 10 minutes in order to beat the current record held by a man that did it in 9:33 minutes. OUCH!! He did not make it under 10 minutes and he looked pretty miserable after it was all over because of the attempt.

Food is a biggie down here on earth. I think we (not ALL, but a vast majority---maybe---I don't know?) abuse it. Maybe the area that I live in reflects it more than other areas of the world. There are a lot of people out of shape around my town....maybe I should enlarge that to COUNTY as not to offend my fellow townspeople. Abusing food can cause diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity. Why do we do it then? It seems to be another example of taking something that is so good, and ruining it by abusing it.

Things and people that are good need to be valued, cherished, and taken care of and not abused. Look how we did Jesus when He walked on the earth. WHEN will we learn?

Love,
Me:)


{Daily Scripture Reading: Proverbs 23:1-21}
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=proverbs%2023:1-21&version=NIV

...and put a knife to your throat
    if you are given to gluttony.

Proverbs 23:2

No comments:

Post a Comment