Saturday, November 9, 2013

Back Off...Fear


Dear God,

Thunder, rain hitting our patio, and the refrigerator motor running are the sounds that I am hearing right now as I write. Some people are scared of storms. I have never had anything happen to me that makes me scared of them. If I had experienced a traumatic loss or a hurtful episode had occurred because of a storm, perhaps I would be frightened.

My tension actually loosens up and flees when I hear rain and thunder unless the thunder is the abrupt CRACKING kind that catches me off guard and makes me jump out of my skin.

I guess my thought for today is:
"One man's fear is another man's peace."

I don't know if anyone needs to be quoted as saying this or not, but for me, this seems to be the case. What is it that we FEAR that brings others peace? Your word says not to fear and to cast our cares on You. Thank you Lord for those words.

Love,
Me:)


{Daily Scripture Reading: II Timothy 1:1-12}
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=II%20Timothy%201:1-12&version=KJV

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of
power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
II Timothy 1:7







No comments:

Post a Comment