Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Divorce :(


Dear God,

Divorce is a horrible thing, isn't it? I have never been through one and hope to never have to go through one.

I work with several people who have been divorced or are in the process of getting a divorce. One of my friends has been in a bad marriage the entire time she has been married and now her and her husband are seeking council to try and reconcile some pretty traumatic things that have gone on while they have been married to each other. If I were her, I would have left a long time ago and not tolerated the abuse. I do admire their commitment in trying to save their marriage as they are in counseling. I tell people that I would NEVER put up with abuse but they say that the abuse is so gradual that they didn't even realize it was happening until it got to a dangerous point in their lives.

God, please be with these people that are going through divorce and marital problems. They need your strength and wisdom to sustain and help them through this pain.

Love,
Me:)


{Daily Scripture Reading: I Thessalonians 5:12-24}
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=I%20thessalonians%205:12-24&version=NIV

.....hold on to what is good, reject every
kind of evil.
I Thessalonians 5:21-22

No comments:

Post a Comment