Wednesday, December 11, 2013

What's in a Name?


Dear God,

Thank you so much for all my little oddities. I love them so. Being "odd" feels good.

One of my oddities is that I love to collect cool names of people. If I hear or read what I think is a really cool name, it immediately gets added to my list.....my "List of Cool Names" list.

When children are born, the parents have a huge responsibility to choose a name that could possibly determine the very fate of that child. I read in the police blotter portion of our local paper a few months ago that a young boy was arrested for killing his girlfriend. His name was Whiskey. Whisky Dalton. I wrote that name down. It is a cool name with a sad fate.

God, names were so important back in the old testament/new testament times. Sometimes, you even change people's names to match their new calling in life; ie. Saul to Paul, Abram to Abraham.

Names.

Just something on my mind today.

Love,
Me:)


{Daily Scripture Reading: Genesis 12:1-3; Genesis 17:3-8}
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=genesis%2012:1-3&version=NIV
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=genesis%2017:3-8&version=NIV

 No longer will you be called Abram; your name will be
Abraham, for I have made you a father of many nations.
Genesis 17:5

No comments:

Post a Comment