Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Lord, Protect Our Church Leaders


Dear God,

I know that churches get bad raps from people that don't want to go and have no interest at all in attending.

I think that I need to be more involved in my church. I think it is time to help and to give more: money, time, and talent. People that help others and give these things to help others whether in church or not, seem to be more joyful and empowered in their lives.

Some weeks, I can't WAIT for Sunday. Sometimes, church feels like my haven from Hell. "Hell" being this world and all its problems. Lord, protect and guide the leaders in our churches. Don't let them be tainted by this old world but help them to stay true to your word and help their hearts to be open to the leading of your Holy Spirit.

We NEED good leaders. To be a good leader takes a great deal of sacrifice and people just don't seem to want to do that anymore.....or so it seems to me sometimes. A seed has to die so a tree can grow.

Lord, thank you for leaders; what pressure they must face each day. Help me to be a leader for you and give me the wisdom and your strength to do so.

Love,
Me:)


{Daily Scripture Reading: Colossians 1:15-29}
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=colossians%201:15-29&version=NIV

And He is the head of the body,
the church..
Colossians 1:18a


No comments:

Post a Comment