Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Pigs, Dogs, and Pearls


Dear God,

Is it possible for a person to do all the things Jesus spoke of in Matthew 5, 6, and 7? There is a lot of stuff written there. You speak so much about how we should behave here on this earth. What awesome guidelines to follow!!

There are so many things that jump out at me, it is hard to pick a favorite. I am not so sure that a "favorite" can be picked out at all. One verse that is speaking to me today is the one about the dogs and pigs and how we are not to throw pearls at pigs and sacred things to dogs. (Matthew 7:6)

Sometimes, it is hard for me to determine what a pig or a dog is when I am dealing with folks. I hate that there are people in this world that destroy and hurt other people. I know evil exists in this world, I just hate that it has to be through people (your creations). The devil seems to hate you so much, he uses us to get at YOU. I don't like that either. Some day, this will all end. Until that day, I will keep trusting You for each day's strength.

Love,
Me:)


PS: Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday Jesus!!

{Daily Scripture Reading: Matthew 7:1-14}
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=matthew%207:1-14&version=NIV
Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw
your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample
them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.
Matthew 7:6

No comments:

Post a Comment