Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Armadillos and Culverts


Dear God,

This morning I saw a cute little armadillo walking down the road towards me as I was out for my morning walk. I wasn't sure what I was going to do if we had met in the road as he did not seem to want to veer from his ambling ways. I clapped my hands and hollered and he didn't even blink an eye. (I guess he has eyelids). Then I thought, "He's just an armadillo. I wonder if I can tap him with my foot and make him roll up in a ball. That would be cool to see." My husband said that Texas armadillos don't do that....I trust his knowledge about armadillos as he is smart about this kind of stuff.

Then, I remembered reading somewhere that armadillos carry leprosy and I did not want or need that on my foot right now. YUK! Thankfully, he veered off to the right and crawled into a culvert...like that was his house or something. Maybe it was.

It reminded me of ME and how I sometimes meander through life. When I take my attention off of what your word says, I sometimes end up in drainage ditches and culverts, like that is where I am supposed to be and all.

Love,
Me:)


{Daily Scripture Reading: Hebrews 2:1-4}
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=hebrews%202:1-4&version=NIV

We must pay the most careful attention, therefore,
to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away.
Hebrews 2:1


No comments:

Post a Comment