Friday, December 27, 2013

Free Will is Something Else!


Dear God,

I really like salt. The doctors say that salt is not good for us because it makes our blood pressures go up.

Lord, high blood pressure and heart disease run in my family. Several of my cousins have already had some type of heart "roto rooter" type surgeries to unblock passage ways to and from their hearts. One of my cousins died of a heart attack and he was in his 30's. UGH....

I like salt, I don't like heart attacks. I have read a lot about the effects of salt and how it is good to cut back or even eliminate it altogether.

Here is the question:

If I know that salt is bad for me, WHY do I still eat it? Why are we made this way? We know in our heads the facts and logic behind so many things, but then we turn around and do the very thing that we KNOW is wrong or will hurt us. Why do we do this? Maybe I should say why do "I" do this....

Free will is something else, Lord.

Love,
Me:)


{Daily Scripture Reading: Romans 7:14-25}
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=romans%207:14-25&version=NIV

I do not understand what I do. For what
I want to do I do not do,
but what I hate, I do.
Romans 7:15


No comments:

Post a Comment