Thursday, December 26, 2013

Are People that Believe in God Crazy or is it the Other Way Around?


Dear God,

Why do people like to tell me they are an atheist? (I am not sure if "like" is the right word here...they just do it.) Do they want me to challenge their unbelief or something? Where is the challenge if you don't believe in something? Why would someone want to argue about something that they "don't" believe in? That doesn't make any sense at all, not to me anyway. To the ones that don't tell me, thanks.

I do mention Your name in casual conversation to people that I meet. Not to be smug, just because you are a part of my life more than my husband, my kids, my dogs, my relatives, my friends (please note that this list is NOT in any particular order as I do not hold dogs above my relatives and friends). Why wouldn't I mention you? If atheist met a crazy person (as they MUST think that people that believe You are real HAVE to be crazy) would they act the same way to THAT person? Why not just dismiss it as "not real" and be mature about it and go on with a non believer's life?

I guess these people want me to know because they don't want to hear about You because they don't believe you exist because they don't see you. I really don't know. Maybe I meet people that are atheist that DON'T tell me that they are atheist too. If, to them you don't exist, what difference does it make if I talk about you or not? Let me ramble as a crazy fool. Humor me. Pity me for the belief.

I guess these folks don't go to movies or read "Lord of the Rings" books or see "Star Wars" movies either because THEY aren't real either.

Why does the word HYPOCRITE come to mind Lord? Well, I can't say that because THEN I would be judging other people and the atheist sure know THAT verse in your word..........AMAZING!!

??????

All this being said, I am SO glad you love us ALL!!
John 3:16


So sorry for the earthly rant today, but I just feel earthly today and the spiritual part of me feels really tired! I KNOW Your love would cover all of these words I have just written to a point I might even erase what I have written.....This is just how I feel today. 

Love,
Me:)


{Daily Scripture Reading: John 3:16, II Corinthians 5:13-15}
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=john%203:16&version=NIV
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=ii%20corinthians%205:13-15&version=NIV

If we are “out of our mind,” as some say, it is for
God; if we are in our right mind, it is for you. For
Christ’s love compels us, because we are
convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.
II Corinthians 5:13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment