Sunday, December 1, 2013

A Gentle Answer is the Answer


Dear God,

I don't like it when I hear people hollering at each other. I was not raised in a house of screamers and it makes me really uncomfortable to be around people that yell at each other when they get mad.

Now, if the hollering is a joyful type of banter back and forth, THAT doesn't seem to bother me. I like loud HAPPY people. The loud ANGRY people are the ones that make my stomach hurt.

I had a man describe to me what it was like for him to be raised as a child with his parents screaming and fighting. He said he would go to school and walk around with the jitters as a little boy. He said it was like he was always waiting for people to yell at him. His is still suffering the consequences of being raised in that environment even though he is a grown man.

Yelling and Screaming will always be around, I guess. What do I do about it when I hear and see it? Lord, help me to know what to do.

Love,
Me:)


{Daily Scripture Reading: Proverbs 15:1-4}
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=proverbs%2015:1-4&version=NIV


A gentle answer turns away wrath,
    but a harsh word stirs up anger.

Proverbs 15:1

No comments:

Post a Comment