Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Jewels Schmewels...What's the Big Deal?


Dear God,

Some people love diamonds. I like pearls. I don't know why, I just do. I think it is because there is a rainbow in every pearl (the iridescence of it) and a rainbow is a promise that you gave to the world.

I really don't GET why people get so excited over minerals found on this earth. What makes gold more valuable than the common rock that I see on the street? Why do people crave big old diamonds or rubies? Is it practical?

Your word says that Heaven will be covered with these kinds of treasures.

 
Is it wrong for me to NOT get excited about a shiny rock? I guess that I need help with this one God because I do not understand what all the fuss is about. 


Well, today is the LAST day of the calendar year. THANK YOU for a wonderful 2013 and I can't WAIT to see what 2014 will bring!! 

Love,
Me:)


{Daily Scripture Reading: Isaiah 54:11-15}
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=isaiah%2054:11-15&version=NIV

I will make your battlements of rubies,
    your gates of sparkling jewels,
    and all your walls of precious stones.

Isaiah 54:12




No comments:

Post a Comment