Saturday, December 28, 2013

More Trials and Tribs...Please?


Dear God,

You know one of my favorite people to read about in the bible is David. That man could do just about EVERYTHING. He could play music (a huge PLUS in my book), he was a poet, he could fight in battles, he was a KING of a nation. He messed up a lot too. When he did something wrong, he did it in a pretty big way. (aka: all the probs with his children, his affair with Bathsheba, having an innocent man killed to cover up scandle...to name a few)

He sure did love and trust in you, didn't he? I read something he wrote this morning and my heart got so happy:

I love you, O Lord, my strength.
Psalms 18:1

I know how he felt when he wrote that verse. But you know, a thought came to my mind after reading it:

Did David love you MORE than I do? I mean, he certainly went through more ups and downs in his life than I have thus far. Does going through more intense trials, tribulations, and even joys create a more intensified love for You? How strong do I want my love to be for you God?

Something to think about for me.

Love,
Me:)

ps...sometimes I can't believe the tragedies that people go through in this life. Maybe these things happen so they can experience a more abundant type of love and a stronger sense of You and Your power. Can we experience a more powerful love for You WITHOUT going through trials and storms in this life?


{Daily Scripture Reading: Psalms 18:1-6}
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=psalms%2018:1-6&version=NIV

The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
    my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
    my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Psalms 18:2

No comments:

Post a Comment