Sunday, December 22, 2013

Living in a Barn


Dear God,

My house, the building that I live in currently, is making me sad. It is dragging me down. It is so dirty and messy and unorganized. It is just a mess. I think one of my problems is that I love to look at pictures of beautiful houses. I see these crisp clean, immaculate structures with perfection dripping all over them, and I imagine living in the middle of such order and beauty after a long day at work. When I come home, dishes are placed in the sink with a million flies buzzing around, dog poop is on the floor somewhere, my husband has written swastika signs in the dust on our furniture because he knows how much I can't stand that sign, bird seed is always on the floor next to our bird's cage, trash cans are full, on and on and on. You know. And to top that all off, I am tired.

I don't know what to ask here Lord. I guess could you please send an answer to this mess and help me create a home to live in and not a barn to live in. Actually, I have been in barns that are cleaner than my house. Thank you for barns. At lest I have a place to live and I am thankful for that.  Help me to take care of my home out of complete appreciation.

Love,
Me:)


{Daily Scripture Reading: Proverbs 14:1}
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=proverbs%2014:1&version=NIV
(I always feel this way at this time of year)

The wise woman builds her house,
    but with her own hands

the foolish one tears hers down.
Proverbs 14:1

No comments:

Post a Comment