Saturday, December 7, 2013

"7" The Number of REST


Dear God,

I am tired. Our bodies are not made to go-go-go all the time, are they? It is hard to observe the seventh day of rest and yet You told us to rest on the seventh day. As I am getting older, I FINALLY am seeing the importance and value in resting every seventh day.

We need it to recharge. We need it to get our focus and visions in order for the upcoming week. We need to spend our time on the seventh day drawing closer to You for our strength and guidance. It is a lot.

For me, it is hard to take time to "sharpen the ax" but if I want to be of better use at all to You and the people around me, I HAVE to do it.

Lord, thank you for day "7".

Love,
Me:)


{Daily Scripture Reading: Genesis 2:1-3
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=genesis%202:1-3&version=NIV

Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy,
because on it he rested from all the work of
creating that he had done.
Genesis 2:3





No comments:

Post a Comment