Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Sticks and Stones and Tongue


Dear God,

"Sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will never hurt me."

I don't remember when I heard this as a child, but I remember getting it's meaning. I'm tough. I can handle mere words from someone.....let these words roll off my back. They won't penetrate into my mind or soul at all.

God, I found this in your word:

"The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat it's fruit." Proverbs 18:21

If "sticks and stones" is true, why so many suicides? Why so much depression? Why so many disputes among men? Maybe things we learned as children are not true. Maybe these pretty little rhyming words have no meaning at all. Maybe they are leading us away from the truth of what matters.

Lord, this is much to think about.

Love,
Me:)


{Daily Scripture Reading: Proverbs 18:21}
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=proverbs%2018:21&version=NIV

The tongue has the power of life and death,
    and those who love it will eat its fruit.

Proverbs 18:21

No comments:

Post a Comment