Wednesday, October 30, 2013

♥Remembering♥


Dear God,

I went into an antique shop the other day and rummaged through all (and I mean ALL) of the old pictures of people. A huge green basket was sitting on the floor and I plopped down next to it, sitting cross legged, and touched every single picture. I can still see some of the pictures. Most of them looked like they were taken in the early 1900's. There were pictures of babies in their christening gowns, men in suits and hats, women standing very still wearing enormous dresses and those horribly uncomfortable looking shoes they wore back then. I found one picture of a man with a straw hat, out in a field, standing next to his mule. The pictures ranges from very formal pictures to very informal ones of men standing by mules. I guess the mule ones would be in a  "real life" type of category.

My question? Well, I assume that most, if not all, of these people are deceased now. Are any of them with You Lord? Also, why don't the family members of these pictures OWN these treasures? They are FABULOUS to look at to me.

Love,
Me:)


{Daily Scripture Reading: Psalms 143:1-12}
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalms%20143:1-12&version=NIV

I remember the days of long ago;
Psalms 143:5a

No comments:

Post a Comment