Monday, October 28, 2013

Quotes and Words


Dear God,

I love quotes. You know that I do.

Sometimes the words that I read have an author's acknowledgment, and sometimes they do not. I think quotes carry the most value when we not only know who said it, but we know about the person who said it.

If I see the names Mark Twain, Ben Franklin, Martin Luther King Jr, or Maya Angelou I know the general flavor of the context.

I read a quote written by a man named John Haggai (I do not know him). I love these words:

"Attempt something so impossible that unless God is in it, it's doomed to failure."

Reading this quote makes me want to know more about him. Did HE ever attempt the impossible? I wonder. You KNOW.

God, reading your word is similar to reading quotes except that I know that You are perfect and all your words are valuable. KNOWING this makes your word SWEET to my soul and makes me want to know You MORE.

Love,
Me:)


{Daily Scripture Reading: Luke 6:46-49}
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=luke%206:46-49&version=NIV


As for everyone who comes to me and hears
my words and puts them into practice, I will
show you what they are like.
Luke 6:47



No comments:

Post a Comment