Thursday, October 17, 2013

God is My "absolute"


Dear God,
I think "absolutes" are good. I love black and white answers. I love that 2+2=4. There is no guessing about absolutes. Math contains problems and logical, explainable, practical solutions. A person can argue that they don't like that "4" is the answer to 2+2, but in the end, they are WRONG. Being right or wrong is also an absolute in this life, isn't it?

BUT, what if 2+2=5? What if there was a way to prove that 2+2=4 is wrong and it could be PROVEN that 2+2=5? (believe me, WRITING this feels wrong to me because I KNOW 2+2=4) Everything that I believed about the answer "4" would be WRONG.

Well, this is how I feel when I talk to friends that don't believe in You. I KNOW you are an absolute......I'm just not smart enough to explain it. HELP!!

Love,
Me:)

{Daily Scripture Reading: Psalms 97}
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=psalms%2097&version=NIV

The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad;
    let the distant shores rejoice.
Psalms 97:1


No comments:

Post a Comment