Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Flies....Ewww....Gross


Dear God,
What is the purpose of flies? They are all over the place in our house these days. One just zoomed right by my face as I was writing this about FLIES. I think he licked my nose with his fly tongue as he flew by me......Gross.

I hate to say this, but I killed 10 of those little boogers yesterday with a fly swatter. I even made it a counting game (1-10) and refused to leave the kitchen until I reached the number "10". I DID reach "10" with no problem.

Is it wrong to kill flies? Some religions say that it IS. Animals were sacrificed in the bible and they were a lot more valuable than a fly. People ate meat (quail, calf, fish). In order to eat these things, they had to be killed first.

I think it is OK to kill flies.

Love,
Me:)

{Daily Scripture Reading: Exodus 8:20-32, Ecclesiastes 10:1}
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus%208:20-32&version=NIV
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ecclesiastes%2010:1&version=NIV

As dead flies give perfume a bad smell,
    so a little folly outweighs wisdom and honor.

Ecclesiastes 10:1

No comments:

Post a Comment