Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The Three Types of Love in the Second Half of Life


Dear God,

I feel that I have officially entered "the second half" of my life. To be honest with myself, I have probably been in the 2nd half for a few years now. Only You know the half way point.

I do not want to fill my life (the second half) with "nothingness". I only want "somethingness" from this day forward. I want to walk with You each day and I want You to fill this life of mine with joy......regardless of any circumstances that I encounter. I want each thing that I do, each breath that I take, to MATTER. The things that we do on this earth should not be for naught. They should be for purpose and meaning to You, to our loved ones, and to ourselves. Your word says to Love YOU, Love Others as we LOVE OURSELVES. Everything should revolve around those three types of love.

Love,
Me:)

{Daily Scripture Reading: Luke 10:25-37}
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+10%3A25-37&version=NIV

Love the Lord your God with all your HEART and with all your SOUL
and with all your STRENGTH and with all your MIND and love
your neighbor as yourself.
 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied.
“Do this and you will live.”
Luke 10:27-28

No comments:

Post a Comment