Monday, March 31, 2014

Our Souls are BETTER than our Bodies


Dear God,

I heard a true story the other day that is STILL bothering me.

It seems that this 60 plus year old woman died in her house and no one noticed she was even gone for two weeks. Someone finally took notice and went to her house to check on her and she was dead. The REALLY bad part that has been bothering me (as if the two week thing wasn't sad enough) is that her 15 dogs had been eating her. One of her arms was gone and both of her legs from the knees down were gone. (I am writing this and my sweet little "Maggie" is sleeping beside me. She would eat me if I died.....)

This story reminded me so much of II Kings 9:35-37 about Jezebel and how she was a king's daughter and yet she was thrown out of a window and the dogs ate everything but her skull, feet, and hands.

Is there a bottom line here? Our SOULS apparently make up who we are because after we die, our bodies can become dog food.

Pretty sobering thought.

Love,
Me:)


(Daily Scripture Reading: II Kings 9:30-37}
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=ii+kings+9%3A30-37&version=NIV
But when they went out to bury her, they found nothing except her skull, her feet and her hands. 
They went back and told Jehu, who said, “This is the word of the Lord that he spoke through his
servant Elijah the Tishbite: On the plot of ground at Jezreel dogs will devour Jezebel’s flesh. 
Jezebel’s body will be like dung on the ground in the plot at Jezreel, so
 that no one will be able to say, ‘This is Jezebel.’
II Kings 9:35-37
{A bit GRUESOME today, but just like life, the bible has MANY
types of stories....Can't just include the FEEL GOOD stuff all the time. }

No comments:

Post a Comment