Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Play Hard and then REST


Dear God,

Thank you for being in my life today. I have had the awesome privilege this week to be around three little boys under the age of six. You have blessed me with two little girls and I haven't got to be around little boys very much. They are certainly full of energy. They play HARD and HATE to slow down. I know exactly how they feel. I often play hard and refuse to slow down and then, just like a dear little one, get cranky, fussy, and sometimes uncontrollable.

Help me to know and accept when I need to slow down and take time out to rest and rejuvenate. It is hard because there is SO MUCH that I want to do and You know our earthly bodies aren't made to be here forever. Gotta run, Gotta swing, Gotta play in the dirt..........before the sun goes down.

Love,
Me:)


{Daily Scripture Reading: Genesis 2:2-3}
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=genesis+2%3A2-3&version=NIV

By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been
doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work.
Genesis 2:2

No comments:

Post a Comment