Sunday, March 9, 2014

March 7, 8, and 9 {Caught Up Now}

Again, I run behind as I have been sick for three days. Get up, Get going, Time to feel better now. Life sure is full of good and bad stuff sometimes. I enter March 7, 8, and 9th's letters in a lump sum. This is a jumbled mess of pictures, words, scriptures, fonts, and %%@&*& BUT, I am caught up and the words are here and GOD KNOWS WHAT I'm TRYING TO SAY HERE!!
Love,
T:)

March 9, 2012
Dear God,

I am getting ready to head off to the mountains. I can't wait to get there. I want to spend some time with you on a literal mountain top. I love the silence on the top of a mountain. It is beautiful. I love the smell too. The pine trees and the fresh air revive my inner being. I can't wait!

If standing on top of a mountain gets me closer to You, build me a house on top of it and cut up the road to get to it. I'll hang out there forever!

Love,
Me:)

{Daily Scripture Reading: Psalms 65:5-8}
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=psalms+65%3A5-8&version=NIV
Like a thornbush in a drunkard’s hand
    is a proverb in the mouth of a fool.

Proverbs 26:9

March 8, 2014
Dear God,
Who is a fool? Your word speaks a great deal about fools, especially in the book of Proverbs. Proverbs 23:9 says, "Do not speak to a fool, for he will scorn the wisdom of your words."

One of my favorite verses about fools is Proverbs 26:9: "Like a thorn bush in a drunkards hand is a proverb in the mouth of a fool." Another verse says "Like a lame man's leg that hangs limp is a proverb in the mouth of a fool." These sound like Mark Twain or Ben Franklin quotes to me. They must have copied Your stuff at times. These words are so comical to me as I get a visual from the first part of each proverb....Well, the drunkard one anyway. The lame legs isn't comical, but comparing the fools words to it, is.

I remember these two verses whenever I have someone speak to me and I know they are, how shall I put this kindly, not quite right in the thinking department. Their words of "wisdom" come out, and all I  can think of is a drunk guy swinging around a big old thorn bush and everyone getting out of the way till the cops come and subdue him. "Thorn bush Wisdom" is comical to me. I have a goofy sense of humor. Thank you for letting me be able to discern this type of wisdom and TRUE wisdom....well, most of the time anyway.

I love you Lord.

Love,
Me:)

 
 
 
 
I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13

You answer us with awesome and righteous deeds, God our Savior,
 the hope of all the ends of the earth
    and of the farthest seas, who formed the mountains

by your power,
    having armed yourself with strength.

Psalms 65:5-6
March 9, 2014

March 7, 2014
Dear God,

I need You to help me right now.

*Work is a load.
*House work is merely a list of things that I can't get to because I am too tired at the end of the day to do it or to care about doing it.
*The stress to FINISH TASKS is weighing on me very heavily today.

I want a maid. I can't have one, but I want one. I want to run from here today. I can't do that either. I have to stay put and complete some tasks or some people are going to be very upset. Would it be possible to spill a little energy and enthusiasm into my soul today because I quite frankly don't know how I am going to complete what I need to do in the next three days.

You word says "I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me."

Dear Lord and Savior, I need your strength so I can do ALL things that need doing. Please give me Your strength right now.

Love,
Me:)













 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment