Friday, January 31, 2014

Vines, Branches, and Such


Dear God,
I admire people who have green thumbs; the people that can grow just about anything from one seed and a box of dirt. I think growth is so cool. I guess that is why I love trees and flowers and grass and vegetables and vines and ANYTHING that grows from the ground and up into the sky. Wait, potatoes don't do that, and I like them too.

It sure seems harder to grow people though. Plants do it naturally. People seem to have a hard time letting growth flourish in their lives sometimes....myself included. What would it be like to let YOU do what YOU need to do in MY life and let ME get out of the way to let YOU do it?

How much would I grow? I bet I could be HUGE. (Huge for You that is..)

I need to do that.....Yep, I sure do. Lord, how do I do that? Help me to get out of the way so that I can grow with and for You. This is a big request and it is hard for me to pen this request on my end.

Love,
Me:)

{Daily Scripture Reading: John 15:1-17}
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=john+15%3A1-17&version=NIV

I am the vine; you are the branches. If you
remain in me and I in you, you will
bear much fruit; apart from me
you can do nothing.
John 15:5

No comments:

Post a Comment