Tuesday, January 14, 2014

No Reason to Get THRASHED


Dear God,
I just don't think that I can handle the horrible evil that is in this world on my own merit. There is no way that I would survive on my own without You to guide me.

God, I want to be bold for Your sake but I know the people that don't believe in you will eat me alive unless I let YOUR SPIRIT be the one to lead and shine out to folks. There is a story in the bible that makes me laugh, although I am sure it was not funny to the men that got totally THRASHED!!

Seven guys went up to a demon possessed man and tried to cast out the demon. The demon says, "Jesus I know, and Paul I know, but who are you?" Then, he jumps on all 7 of them, beats them up, strips all of their clothes off, and they run naked into town. THAT is surely what will happen to me if I try to do things for you without involving YOU. It is never a good idea to get too FULL of OURSELVES, is it? My question is, how much do I need to involve You to keep from getting beat up and stripped? No less than 100% I am guessing. I do love a good challenge, even though I know who the winner will be in the end. It doesn't mean that it will be an easy game to play though!

Love,
Me:)

{Daily Scripture Reading: Acts 19:13-16}
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=acts%2019:13-16&version=NIV

Jesus I know, and Paul I know about, but
who are you?
Acts 19:15



No comments:

Post a Comment