Friday, January 24, 2014

Throwin' Rocks Ain't Nice


Dear God,
 
I don't think that I have ever thrown a rock at someone. Maybe I did when I was a kid. But, in the last 30 or so years, I can say that I have not.
 
I have a small little water fountain that I bought at a garden center sitting on my desk at work. You know that I love the sound of running water. On the top of the fountain, I put those little rocks that I picked up out of the river bed in Colorado a few years ago.
 
Yesterday, a customer came to my desk and asked me why I had those rocks sitting on my desk. She asked if I threw those at people when they made me mad. I thought that was funny as I had never thought of that before. I probably couldn't hit'em if I did try.
 
I think it is mean to throw rocks at people. People have been stoned to death in the past. It probably still happens today in this world. What an awful way to die. God, help me not to throw those old invisible stones that can crush a person's spirit as well.
 
Love,
Me:)

{Daily Scripture Reading: John 8:1-11}
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=john+8%3A1-11&version=NIV

When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and
said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the
 first to throw a stone at her.”
John 8:7






No comments:

Post a Comment