Wednesday, January 29, 2014

These "How To" Books Are In My Way


Dear God,

I love "How To" books. I love to read them, smell them, look at the pictures, store them in my house until the day that I die because I LOVE them so much.

The problem is that I love the books more than the actual "THING" that I am reading about IN the books. I bought a book one time, years ago, on how to stop procrastinating. Eleven years later, I found the book with an incomplete list of things that I needed to do. I read through the 101 things that I had attempted to write down and there were only a few that I had/have gotten around to doing. Approximately 4,017 days have come and gone since then. You would have thought that I could have done 101 things/tasks/goals SOMEWHERE in one of those 4,017 days of living. Writing something down is one thing, doing it is another, isn't it? I think my list was too big and my desire was way too small....apparently.

Help me to take bite size pieces of desires instead of trying to gobble up the entire cake in one sitting. Eating DAILY bread each day is better than trying to eat YEARLY bread in one day.

Love,
Me:)

{Daily Scripture Reading: II Corinthians 4:8-18}
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=ii+corinthians+4%3A8-18&version=NIV

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are
wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.
II Corinthians 4:16

No comments:

Post a Comment