Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Calm in the Storms at Work


Dear God,
Thank you for peace. Thank you for a "calm amongst the storm" feeling.

The new position at work has been hard. It has been frustrating and a bit overwhelming at times. The other day, I was sitting in front of the computer screen, looking over the horizon into the extremely busy and loud and crowded lobby of my building. I had stacks of paperwork on my desk. The phones would not stop ringing. The emails kept coming.

When I was gazing out into the work environment horizon of my job, I realized that I was at peace. I was calm. My heart was not racing. There was stillness in the middle of commotion. I immediately knew that You were there and I immediately knew that You had answered a prayer.

You were there
You answered my prayer

Thank you for being the calm in the storm to me. I can use a lot more of that in the coming days.

Love,
Me:)

{Daily Scripture Reading: Psalms 107:28-32}
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=psalms%20107:28-32&version=NIV

He stilled the storm to a whisper;
    the waves of the sea were hushed.
 They were glad when it grew calm,
    and he guided them to their desired haven.

Psalms 107:29-30

No comments:

Post a Comment