Monday, January 6, 2014

Life Abundant


Dear God,

Why do you love us? This is a big question. Love is not something we can see, hear, hold, touch, smell, or taste. Your word says that You are LOVE.

You loved us so much that you gave us your Son. I can't imagine going up to one of my daughters and telling them that I needed them to die for someone else. Jesus gave his life, knowing that He would rise again. I really can't comprehend the pain that He suffered. Writing these words seem so trivial to the reality of what happened so many years ago.

Oh, to have love like that for other people. I feel that at this point in my life, I am only standing on the edge of knowing this type of love and giving this kind of love to others. Lord, help me to love deeper. It does seem that deep love can also have experiences of deep pain that rid along with it. Life ABUNDANT in BOTH directions to be certain.

Love,
Me:)


{Daily Scripture Reading: John 10:1-18}
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=john%2010:1-18&version=NKJV
I have come that they may have life, and
that they may have it more abundantly.
John 10:10

No comments:

Post a Comment