Sunday, January 5, 2014

Sowing Life is Heartfully NOT Easy


Dear God,
The parable of the sower has been weighing heavy in my heart the last few days (Matthew 13).

I have taken a handful of my life, the good parts of my life, and scattered it many times into the wind only to find this parable to be SO TRUE!

I have met people that are like all four things mentioned: the Path, the Rocky Place, the Thorny Place, and the Good Soil. I am not sure which one of the these hurts me the most. We can take something so precious as our treasured life and dare to share it with a path, a rock, or thorns and NOTHING of value is produced. BUT, when we do happen to find the GOOD SOIL, the effort is certainly worth it. All of the hurt gets covered up by the growth of the crop that took what was given and multiplied it into something wonderful for others to share.

Being a farmer is not for the faint of heart. Thank you or these wonderful words that help me understand the way of folks a bit more clearly.

Love,
Me:)

{Daily Scripture Reading: Matthew 13:1-23}
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=matthew%2013:1-23&version=NIV

But the seed falling on good soil refers to someone who
hears the word and understands it. This is the one
who produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty
or thirty times what was sown.”
Matthew 13:23

No comments:

Post a Comment