Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Thorns, Headaches, and Such


Dear God,
Paul had a thorn in his side. I think much has been debated as to what that particular thorn was in his life.

I've had a thorn in my side for over 30 years....migraine headaches. I can't imagine life without them. They have played a huge roll in helping "mold" me into who I am as a person today.

I think everyone has some kind of thorn in their side that helps or hinders them at times.

My thorn has helped me appreciate every inch of day that I live WITHOUT a headache.

Thank you for the thorns in this life that make us better people if we choose to "LET" them point us in that direction. Maybe that is why they are called "thorns". After all, there does seem to be a "point" to them in our lives....

Love,
Me:)

{Daily Scripture Reading: II Corinthians 12:5-10}
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=II%20Corinthians%2012:5-10&version=NIV

Three times I pleaded with the Lord
to take it away from me. But He said
to me, “My grace is sufficient for
you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.
II Corinthians 12: 8-9a

No comments:

Post a Comment