Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Some Folks are Meaner Than the Devil


Dear God,

Yesterday, my four year old nephew was telling me how much he couldn't stand his four year old female cousin. He said that she would not share and she has the "devil" in her that makes her MEAN!! I told him that he needed to be nice to her because that is what Jesus would want him to do. He did not like that at all. He folded his arms, rolled his eyes, stuck out his pouty lips and totally tuned me out in about a half of a second.

OH MY WORD! Do "I" do that to You Lord? I know that I do and I am so sorry when I do it. It sure looks pretty silly and immature. Lord, help me to not cross my arms, roll my eyes, stick out my pouty lips and tune You out when you tell me what is best for me and what I need to do about the "meaner than the devil" kind of people around me.

Love,
Me:)


{Daily Scripture Reading: Matthew 5:43-48}
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=matthew+5%3A43-48&version=NIV

But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who
persecute you,  that you may be children of your Father in heaven.
Matthew 5:44-45

No comments:

Post a Comment