Friday, August 22, 2014

Your Word Brings Joy


Dear God,

Understanding Your word is not rocket science. It spells things out very simply so that anyone can understand it. Yes, I have found that certain passages seem to fly over my head at times, but years later, when I have experienced life a little more deeply, the passages that previously flew over my head land on my shoulders and whisper in my ear their meanings. How GLORIOUS!

The entire book of James is a good example of "easy to understand" reading. There is no guessing involved at all. Chapter 2:26 says "as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead." What is not to understand about that statement?

Anyway, thank You for Your lovely words. They sure bring joy to my soul.

Love,
Me:)


Your word is a lamp for my feet,
    a light on my path.

Psalms 119:105

No comments:

Post a Comment