Sunday, August 17, 2014

Lookin' Straight Ahead♥


Dear God,

Thank you so much for showing me Your word in actions. I have been reading for years the verses about "keeping my eyes looking straight" and "do not swerve to the right or left".

Well, last week we went on a cruise to Central America. One morning, while we were in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico, these verses "clicked" with me in a physical sense. I was walking on a treadmill, looking out over the water and I started feeling a bit nauseas as the waves were jumping and the treadmill was turning. The ship was rocking. As long as I stared straight ahead at the clouds and I fixed my eyes on one point, I was fine. But, when I began to look around at the things surrounding me, I felt sick again. BINGO!!

As long as I keep my eyes on YOU, the things going on around me (LIFE) won't make me sick. WOW!

Love,
Me:)


Let your eyes look straight ahead;
    fix your gaze directly before you.
Give careful thought to the paths for your feet
    and be steadfast in all your ways.
Do not turn to the right or the left;
    keep your foot from evil.

Proverbs 4:25-27

No comments:

Post a Comment