Monday, April 7, 2014

April 5th and 6th

Saturday and Sunday
April 5th and 6th

April 6th/Sunday
Dear God,

Open doors. Closed doors.

My entire life, I have heard people use these words to describe opportunities gained or lost. Why does it have to be a door?

I love doors; especially old doors from old houses. I used to have my house decorated with old doors.......to the EXTREME! They were leaning against walls, hanging from ceilings. It was a bit of overkill on my part.

Revelations 3:7-8 makes reference to doors.

"What He opens no one can shut and what He shuts no one can open. I have placed before you an open door that NO ONE can shut."

God, sometimes discouragement overwhelms me but I must always keep in mind that You are in control, NOT ME nor other people around me. I have to keep on pushing on through life because it is all about You -----when the doors are opened AND shut!

Love,
Me:)

{Daily Scripture Reading: Revelations 3:7-8}
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=revelations+3%3A7-8&version=NIV
See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut.
Revelations 3:8




April 5th/Saturday
Dear God,

Help us to find a song leader for our church. This is the first time that I have served on a "search" committee. There is quite a bit of work, prayer, and time involved.

What I have found so REFRESHING about being with this group of people as opposed to the group of people that I work with, or the photography club I am in, or the music group that I play in, is that our decisions are founded and based on prayer and what Your word says along with many different types of people from many different backgrounds. It is a GOOD foundation and gives us stability and direction among all the differences because those differences, I feel, would hold the process up if we did not have YOU as a focal point.

Thank you for Your guidance.

Love,
Me:)

.........it is now months later, and we have a wonderful worship leader who loves music and God. :)

{Daily Scripture Reading: Romans 12:3-8}
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=romans+12%3A3-8&version=NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment