Saturday, May 7, 2016

20,000 Steps

I have not been doing too much writing these days and I HATE it. The place that I work gave us FitBits as a gift and I have been obsessed with the dadgum daily number thingy......how many steps/how many flights of stairs/heart rate/sleep pattern/number of times I fart!! It's crazy. It got me thinking about what is important in life.

IS IT IMPORTANT TO KNOW THAT I TAKE OVER 20,000 STEPS A DAY?

I need a FitBit that keeps track of how many times I say "thank you" or "please" or "donate money for a good cause" or "do the RIGHT thing" or wash my car......something that is beneficial....I mean, MORE beneficial than the number of steps that I take a day.

I truly think that the most important things on earth for a person to do is invest their time in other people and in God. Does this FitBit fit in with this belief? It is OK to get in shape and compete with others. We need to take care of our bodies and our minds. But, a lot of what we do needs to be done to benefit other people and God. It is true what the bible says: To find life, you have to lose it. At 50 years of age, I am just NOW beginning to understand what that truly means, and it is TRUE! Life is so much better when we help other people and take our eyes off of ourselves. I am still a pretty selfish person and need a lot of culling of myself. It's terrible. But, it is getting better.

So, what is the answer to the question about 20,000 steps?

I guess it depends on what I am taking those steps for and who is benefitting from those 20,000 steps.
That is the REAL question.

T:)

No comments:

Post a Comment