Thursday, June 11, 2015

Original Song/Poem Thursday♥Week #41

The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
    and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Psalms 34:18
 
Love
 
On a day that was filled with sadness
With tears and sorrow and pain
I asked the Lord to restore my joy
I knew I could never be the same.
 
A person I loved had hurt me
It’s awful what silence creates
I asked the Lord through tears and grief
How someone could do me this way.
 
You created this person that hurt me
Their heart is not like a dear child’s
They’re cold and their cruel and bitter and mean
But they hide behind fake loving smiles.
 
They act like they’re living in wisdom
They don’t even see what they do
I think that I’ve figured it out my Lord
This person is still missing YOU.
 
The love that You give is eternal
Your Spirit inside us does dwell
If someone has You inside of themselves
The love only grows and it swells.
 
When people we love desolate us
And hurt us and leave us to die
That’s when You step in and hold our souls close
And whisper to us when we cry.
 
The person without you is empty
That’s why they treated me so
I will pray every day for their hearts to find
The joy and the love you bestow.
 
by theresa arnold
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment