Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Telephone Operators

I was sitting at work today and I wondered,

"Are telephone operators still around?"

I picked up the phone.

Dialed "9" to get an outside line.

Dialed "0" because that use to be how to get in touch with an operator if you had questions.

You know what I got?

A busy signal.

I guess phone companies must have cut down on staffing and the four or five people they have working were busy with other calls.

There used to be songs written about operators.(Google for a list of operator songs because I am pressed for time).

I guess songs will now be written about real live non people that don't exist like Echo and Alexa.

Has anyone ever thought about the people that actually PROGRAM these devices?? Who are THEY? Is that where all the operators have gone?

It boggles the mind, "it" being obsoleteness.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment