Friday, January 13, 2017

Happy 2017!! Cheap and/or Broke?

Wanted to say HELLO to the world today!

HELLO!!

My writing has been taking a backseat because I have been drawing pictures to go along with the poems that I have written for a book that I want to publish. All of the poems are written but then I decided that I wanted illustrations. DERN IT! Below is a sample of some of the stuff I have been working on. I only started drawing in December. Well, that is not totally true. I have been drawing since I was old enough to pick up a crayon. But, drawing stuff to put in a book that is going to get published????.......this is a FIRST for me. I checked on other folks illustrating for me, and to be quite frank, I am too cheap to pay someone and also too broke to pay them. Broke and cheap go hand in hand nicely. I personally don't think necessity is the mother of invention, I think it is being cheap and/or broke!

Sample of what being cheap/broke does to a person:


All of the pictures that I am drawing are from photographs that I or someone else have taken. Over half of the poems I have written are about wildlife and, alas, I don't have a lot of wildlife pics to my credit. I have asked permission from two wonderful guys I know to use some of their wildlife photography and they said, "SURE!!"

So, 2017 should put a new book out in the world, someday in the next 300+ days, as a contribution to literature and art. A penny or a million dollars can be a contribution!

Later Taters,
T:)

No comments:

Post a Comment