Friday, August 12, 2016

August 10th/A Day That Will Not Live in Infamy

Do you EVER use words in the wrong context?

Me too!

I started trying to teach myself how to play my dad's wonderful banjo on August 10th (my mom and dad's wedding anniversary....they would have been married 52 years if they had only stayed alive long enough!)

I was going to entitle this blog:

August 10th/A Day That Will Live in Infamy

Here is the definition of the word "infamy":


infamy: extremely bad reputation, public reproach, or strong condemnation as the result of a shameful, criminal, or outrageous act: a time that will live in infamy.

Actually, this COULD be correct depending on how good/bad I sound.

Anyway, August 10th is the day!!

Banjo Bound!

I cried when I got dad's banjo out of the closet and out of its case and onto my lap. First of all, it sounded HORRIBLE. Has not been tuned in literally YEARS! Also, the banjo that I got when he died was his Gibson RB 800 that he played until mom died in 2002. He played that banjo from 1970-2002. After mom died, he bought a Stelling Staghorn that was WAY TOO LOUD, I thought. He loved it. The Gibson is much BETTER even though the Stelling is monetarily worth more money. Money and good instruments sometimes don't walk hand in hand. My brother wanted and received the Stelling with no ill will from me at all.

Can I do it? I think the thing that scares me the most is that I think that I CAN!!

T:)


No comments:

Post a Comment