Thursday, April 14, 2016

Praying for Someone to Die....Is it Wrong?

Lord,

Is it wrong to pray for someone to die?
I know that sounds so cruel.

Is it wrong to pray for someone to take their last breath today?
I know that sounds heartless.

Is it wrong?
Is it wrong when the someone is in pain?
Riddled with cancer?
Suffering?
Not able to communicate or move their body anymore?

Lord,
You designed the process of life and death. The odd thing is that for things to live, other things have to die. If seeds don't die, trees won't grow. If plants and animals don't die, we can't live. If we don't let our old lives die, we can't have new lives. It seems that everything hinges on life and death.

I guess I am praying for someone to die so someone can live, if that makes sense. I guess that I am praying for that someone to die so that THEY can live again with You dear Lord.

Life
Death

What a way to exist.....

The LORD is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
Psalms 34:18


No comments:

Post a Comment